Few industries are as pioneering as life science. Yet R&D investments are steep, regulatory environments diverse, and cyber security a critical concern. With a vertically-dedicated team, we have the expertise to address every challenge you face—so you can move forward with confidence.
Whether your business is in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, or R&D, we’re not just another vendor—we’re a partner in your success.
A partner for your entire lifecycle
Newfront works with companies from early-stage venture-backed startups focused on research & development to multibillion-dollar public companies.
Foreign clinical trial expertise
80% of our life science clients are in clinical trials. Our proprietary Clinical Trial Portal allows our clients to gain the policy coverage they need by harnessing the right data in the most efficient way.
Defense from cyber risks
Cyber attacks can compromise clinical trials, creating financial and reputational damage. We work with our cyber experts to assess your controls and strengthen your defenses, while ensuring you have the appropriate coverage in place.
Insightful risk management
We understand life science companies' exposures and risks and we excel in program design for supply chain, clinical trials, product liability and recall.
Clinical trial portal
Available 24/7, clients can find country requirements, upload documentation, request a quote, and receive terms in a timely manner.
By the numbers
of pharmaceutical companies suffered a cyber attack in the last year**as surveyed by Deloitte
of Newfront Life Science clients are currently in clinical trials
countries are currently hosting clinical trials insured by Newfront
Subject matter expertise
Our dedicated life science team has domain expertise in a wide range of areas including clinical trials, product liability, data privacy, claims advocacy, and more.
- Our dedicated life science consultants guide clients through the complex clinical trial landscape, providing insurance guidance on local laws and regulations at a global level
- We understand the evolving risk profiles and regulatory landscape around emerging technologies including gene splicing, digital therapeutics, and personalized medicine
- Our service team knows the risks involved with protecting customer and patient data, data privacy laws, and how to implement robust security measures to prevent data breaches
- Our dedicated risk managers deliver comprehensive product liability solutions that address a range of exposures, coverage limits, and mitigation strategies to best protect your company
Newfront uses structured data models to understand every detail of your program, and streamlines processes through our connected platforms.
- Newfront’s Proprietary Clinical Trial Portal outlines local requirements by country and enables quote requests for coverage directly
- 24/7 access to your entire insurance program on any device through Newfront’s connected dashboard
- Download and upload policy documents, disclosures, auto ID cards and other sensitive files quickly and securely
- Streamlined completion of renewal applications and information with access to our online platform
Dana George is the Life Science Leader at Newfront. Dana has extensive experience with structuring programs, negotiating coverage terms and pricing, and developing team service strategies to meet clients’ needs. Dana enjoys negotiating to get the broadest terms and conditions for clients by digging into the details of the policy forms. Dana is a 2022 Power Broker Rising Star Winner.
Eric Long specializes in risk management and strategic oversight for his life science and technology clients’ global insurance programs. He focuses on complexity and provides differentiated advice and insurance contracts including Property & Casualty, E&O/Cyber Liability, IP, and Management Liability for IPO‘s and public companies. Eric is a Risk & Insurance Power Broker Winner.
Pharma's Almanac: In what areas of pharma/biopharma are you most excited to see increased adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning?
Pharma's Almanac interviewed Cristina Varner, Newfront Senior Vice President and National Life Science and Digital Health & Telemedicine Practice Leader, about AI.
Event Recap: Insuring Life Sciences—Smart Strategies for Legal Leaders
Newfront experts cover the top insurance practices for protecting life science companies in an event hosted by the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Newfront Unveils Major Update to Clinical Trial Portal
Newfront Life Science clients enjoy better data management, more efficient clinical trials, and more peace of mind.