Weathering any storm
With years of marine industry experience—and modern technology that deliver deep market insights—we are uniquely positioned to identify your cost exposures, develop strategies to mitigate risk, and keep you in compliance with the latest regulations.
With a team of dedicated and tenured Maritime insurance experts, we offer a range of marine and cargo solutions, whether you manage a fleet of vessels, operate a marine terminal, build and repair vessels, or provide container shipping and logistics.
Global placement expertise
Strong carrier relationships with leading maritime insurers, including Lloyd’s underwriters and leading Protection & Indemnity Clubs, coupled with a real-time pulse on the market and emerging trends, enables dynamic decision-making and optimized outcomes for our clients.
With deep technical expertise and intimate knowledge of carrier appetites, our team identifies and implements innovative structures and best-in-class terms and conditions aligned to your risk tolerance.
From port and terminal visits to coming aboard your vessels, we work to gain an understanding of your operations so we can identify and analyze your loss exposures and proactively manage your risk.
Full-service claim advocacy
Our claims handling is proactive and methodical. Our claim professionals leverage deep carrier relationships to manage claims and seek the best resolution possible.
The Newfront difference
Key industry sectors
Understanding the inherent risks of maritime businesses—from the singleton vessel owner to the large risk managed company—lets us act as your key advocate. We serve almost every maritime industry, including:
- Passenger vessels
- Commercial fishing/seafood processing
- Tug and barge/logistics operators
- Ports and terminals
- Marine contractors
- Yacht clubs/marinas
We understand the complexities of integrating your marine and shoreside exposures while helping you navigate contractual obligations and compliance with federal legislation. Our expertise includes:
- Marine Employer's Liability (MEL)
- United States Longshore & Harbor workers (USL&H)
- State Act Workers' Compensation
- Professional Liability
- Marine Cargo/Shipper's Interest
- Stock Throughput (STP)
Subject matter expertise
Newfront’s marine team has a proven track record of tailoring comprehensive insurance programs that serve the specific needs of your business.
- We leverage deep relationships with domestic and foreign markets to offer our clients competitive solutions
- We guide our clients through complex claim situations with our in-house claims professionals
- With a collective 100+ years of dedicated industry experience, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and advocacy
- We serve as active participants in multiple associations including the Marine Insurance Association of Seattle, Seattle Fishermen’s Memorial, the Passenger Vessel Association, and the Propeller Club
Jessica Graves is the Pacific Northwest Maritime Leader at Newfront. Jessica brings over 15 years of experience to the marine team with a primary focus in maritime insurance. Her diverse background involves working with a wide range of clients including commercial fishing vessels, seafood processors, tug and barge operations, boat builders, shipyards, passenger vessels and marine contractors. Jessica has served on the board of the Marine Insurance Association of Seattle and currently serves on the Seattle Fishermen’s Memorial board.
Key coverages to protect your business
- Hull & Machinery
- Marine General Liability
- Marine Builder's Risk
- Protection & Indemnity
- Marine Operator’s Legal Liability
- Professional Liability
- Vessel Pollution
- Ship Repairer’s Legal Liability
- US Longshore & Harborworkers (USL&H)
- Ocean Cargo & Inland Marine
- Bumbershoot/Excess Liability
- Maritime Employer's Liability
View our industries and services
Insurance Brokerage Newfront Taps Jessica Graves to Lead Renowned Maritime Team
Newfront has promoted Jessica Graves to lead its Maritime team. Graves will serve as the Pacific Northwest Maritime Leader.
Newfront Introduces AI-Powered Insurance Tools to Clients
Newfront has rolled out artificial intelligence-powered solutions to select clients.
Congratulations to the Newfront Brokers Chosen as 2023 Power Broker Finalists!
Risk & Insurance named four Newfront brokers finalists for its 2023 commercial insurance broker awards.